Benefits of the course
Reduce the risk of accidents and injury to people on bituminous surfacing sites and those working around hot bitumen materials
This course provides an overview of the hazards on a surfacing site including those associated with hot bituminous materials. Advice on how to reduce the risk of incidents or injury when working with hot bituminous materials is also provided. Topics include reversing vehicles, fatigue, traffic, bitumen burns and fires.
Who should do this course?
Anyone who works on or administers surfacing sites and those who may come into contact with hot bituminous materials, including work crews, sales and administrative staff who support crews using hot bituminous materials and people administering or supervising contacts involving hot bituminous works.
At the conclusion of this course participants should be able to:
• describe their responsibilities under Australian Work Health and Safety Legislation
- Identify workplace safety resources which can help reduce the risk of injury or illness in the workplace
- Identify the major hazards of:
- working on a surfacings site
- working with or near bituminous materials
- and explain how to mitigate the risk of these hazards
- outline what to do in the event of:
- a bituminous materials fire
Assessment is a set of online quizzes, to be completed at the end of each course topic.
Course attendance is a pre-requisite of assessment.
Engineers Australia CPD
Engineers Australia members may record Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours for attendance at AAPA courses. Refer to Engineers Australia’s CPD Policy for requirements and conditions. https://www.engineersaustralia.org.au
Click Here to register.
ONCE YOU HAVE MADE PAYMENT, PLEASE CONTACT THE AAPA TRAINING CENTRE ON 03 8416 4516 OR email@example.com WITH YOUR REMITTANCE ADVICE, TO RECEIVE FURTHER INSTRUCTION ON COMMENCING THIS COURSE.