International Knowledge Transfer Crumb Rubber – South Africa 2018
- Evaluate the environmentally improved properties for use of Crumb Rubber Modified binders in asphalt, design criteria and specifications.
- Investigate design methods and performance expectations of high percentage Crumb Rubber Modified binders in South African sprayed seals and asphalt.
- Gain increased understanding of the South African sprayed seal and asphalt operations.
- Evaluate performance and life cycle assessment of Crumb Rubber Modified binders to assist in selection and design in Australia.
- Capture new developments in more environmentally friendly Crumb Rubber Modified binder
- Learn the manufacturing techniques, formulation improvements, updates to Crumb Rubber Modified binder seal specification for longer storage time non-homogeneous Crumb Rubber Modified
- Commit to the rapid transfer of the knowledge gained.
- Support the speedier implementation of changes to specifications, design systems and selection based on performance.
- Gain a broad and improved understanding of the benefits of Crumb Rubber Modified binders in road products.
- Support sustainable benefits of the increased use of Crumb Rubber Modified binders in Australia