Dealing with the TOUGH STUFF – Delivering results from key conversations
Opening to the Industry to attend, as a special offer.
Course code: DTS0617
Delivery method: Face-to-face
Duration: 1 day
Fee: $550 incl GST
Benefits of the course
This 1 day program is part of the AAPA Leadership and Management course currently being run. Dealing With the Tough Stuff can show you how to not only survive the tough conversations, but to thrive within them, leading to;
- more productive performance discussions and
- substantially less conflict
Recent research shows feedback discussions are the least enjoyed management task second only to firing someone. (source: Gallup) So how have we got to this point? How has having a direct, real and necessary conversation with staff, clients or suppliers become so hard? In a nutshell, we have been shown processes without considering the human element in the discussion.
Who should do this course?
ANY employer or employee that is required to interact with others within the workplace. Specifically valuable to staff who are in a leadership, coaching, managing or mentoring role
In this one-day learning program you will learn the science of human behaviour, non-verbals and advanced communication techniques designed to:
- de-personalise tough feedback
- uncover some root causes of difficult behaviour
- craft behaviour modification strategies
- avoid the language that causes conflict
- help you get clear with your requests
- show you the best way to be assertive in any situation