Course code: SSD502A
Level of difficulty: Advanced
|AAPA Members fee
||$1000 excl GST
||$850 excl GST
||1,345.45 excl GST
||$990 excl GST
||2 days – 8 hrs
||3 days – 5 hrs
Benefits of the course
Reduce the risk of failures, maximise your value for money and minimise liability by selecting and designing a sprayed seal which will suit the traffic, pavement and environmental conditions using a rational, reliable, proven approach.
This course focuses on when and where sprayed treatments can be used by introducing participants to the strengths and weaknesses of the various types of sprayed treatments commonly used including the types of surface defects that may be corrected.
Instruction is provided on the use of the current Austroads seal design method for priming, primersealing and sealing, using real world examples and interactive workshop sessions.
Who should do this course?
Engineers, supervisors, consultants and technical officers who are responsible for specifying, selecting, reviewing or designing sprayed treatments.
At the conclusion of this course participants should be able to:
- describe the types of sprayed treatments used on new works and for retreatments
- explain the functions of the various types of sprayed treatments
- select sprayed treatments for new works and retreatments
- design primes, primerseals, single/single, double/double, high stress seals, extreme stress seals, geotextile seals and polymer modified seals
- explain the effect on seal performance due to changes in seal design inputs.
Assessment is a written assignment to be submitted and marked.
Course attendance is a per-requisite of assessment. Only participants who successfully complete the assignment will be displayed on the AAPA website as approved Seal Designers (QLD only).
Engineers Australia CPD
Engineers Australia members may record Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours for attendance at AAPA courses. Refer to Engineers Australia’s CPD Policy for requirements and conditions.
Types and conditions of CPD & Key CPD Requirements: http://bit.ly/1WkuYS6