The Australian Asphalt Pavement Association (AAPA) is a representative industry association with a progressive and innovative approach. It was formed in 1969 as a non-profit organisation to promote the economic use of asphalt and bitumen bound products based on sound technical and commercial grounds. Throughout its history, AAPA has maintained as its major objective the dissemination of technical knowledge aimed at continual improvement in asphalt and bitumen bound technology.
The Association’s activities fit into five broad categories:
- Enhanced industry performance
- Product positioning
- Research and technology
- Education and training
- Health, safety and environment
AAPA members include:
- Manufacturers of asphalt and other bitumen bound products
- State Road Authorities
- Local Government
- Paving consultants
- Material suppliers
- Plant and machinery manufacturers
- Paving and sealing contractors and
- Individuals interested in asphalt technology.